Attention Law Students – Applications Available for 2014 SLIP
August 9, 2013 Leave a comment
The Department of Justice’s Summer Law Intern Program (SLIP) is a competitive recruitment program for compensated summer internships. Law students who have completed at least one full semester of legal study by the application deadline are eligible to apply. Most successful applicants intern the summer between their second and third year of law school. However, graduating law students who will enter a judicial clerkship or a full-time graduate law program may intern following graduation. Part-time law students are also eligible to apply.
To be considered for the SLIP, you must apply via an on-line application. The application period for Summer 2014 will be between July 31st and the Tuesday after Labor Day (11:59 p.m., Eastern Time).
SLIP Deadlines & Key Dates
- July 31 – Application Opens
- Early September (day after Labor Day) – Application Deadline
- Early October – Interview Candidates Selected
- Mid. Oct – early Nov. – Telephone Interviews
- Late Nov. – January – February – Offers Extended